We are looking for a Performance/Scale Engineer to join a technology startup that helps businesses, government institutions, and large enterprises conduct vertically intelligent (VI) transformations through industry-specific software and services.
- 4+ years of commercial experience in Java and/or Kotlin.
- Familiarity with distributed architectures, queueing, and associated patterns and practices
- Demonstrable experience tuning Java/the JVM
- Demonstrable experience metering and profiling distributed applications
- Ability to build environments to test (and automate) use-cases from client feedback, telemetry and other sources
- Ability to set up a framework to allow us to compare and monitor progress over time
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Strong communication skills
- High level of responsibility and problem ownership
As a plus
- Experience working in Agile
- Familiarity with container-based deployment
- Elasticsearch clustering
- Kubernetes & networking
- Cloud automation
- Flexible working schedule
- Paid vacation and sick leaves
- Medical insurance or sport coverage
- Open, friendly, and cooperative team
- Education subsidy and access to a huge amount of company education resources
- Regular performance reviews and salary updates
- Work together with UK team to build a discovery and search tool for enterprise clients
- Liaise with developers and other stakeholders to ensure a performance-first approach in all development work, including specific suggestions.
- Build environments to test (and automate) use-cases from client feedback, telemetry and other sources
- System performance monitoring and improvement processes
- Building framework to compare and monitor progress over time
- Metering and profiling distributed applications
Full-scale privacy and governance platform – discovery and search tool. The tool is built in Java and uses Lucene and Solr for search capabilities and has built certain connectors to search structured and unstructured data in Sharepoint, Active Directory, Google Drive, One Drive surface areas. The plan is to scale this out to other connectors (eg into CRMs, ERP, SaaS based tools and others) and conducting AI based automated remediation and classification once the data has been discovered.
The engineering team and product manager are in the UK, working in Agile.
If you are interested , send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org